Envirosystems is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America, delivering “LOCAL EXPERTISE, COAST TO COAST“; delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines.
At Envirosystems, our goal is to create enduring partnerships with our customers. More than just a service provider, we are invested in our customers’ long-term success. Across North America, leading businesses trust our companies to deliver.
Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment.
An unrelenting commitment to health and safety is the number one priority of every Envirosystems company. A core value that is central to everything we do.
Our Environmental Services Division is currently looking for a Class 1 Driver for our Victoria, BC location. This is a full-time contract position running from the end of April to the end of September 2018.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
– Comply with all safe work practices and policies to ensure all work is done as safely as possible;
– Safely operate various Waste Management units, including but not limited to tractor/trailer, tractor/B-train, vacuum truck, cube van, etc.; on busy roads and in challenging work site environments;
– Comply with all jurisdictional traffic safety legislations;
– Inspect transport units and loads for safe operation during, prior to and after all transport assignments as required by Waste Management, jurisdictional, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and / or National Safety Code (NSC) standards;
– Complete and submit all required documentation on a timely basis. This includes logbooks, equipment inspection reports and shipping documents;
– Communicate with offload facilities regarding expected onsite arrival time and service requirements;
– Ensure all equipment / loads being transported meet all requirements relating to weight and dimension regulations for each jurisdiction traveled;
– Complete minor servicing and maintenance of transport vehicles, including but not limited to, greasing, replacement of air filters, brake adjustments and settings;
– Work well in a team atmosphere.
– Ability to work efficiently and maintain schedule requirements.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
– Valid and current Class 1 Driver’s License with clean commercial (NSC) drivers abstract;
– Minimum of 2 years driving experience in the transportation industry or demonstrated competence;
– Prior experience in B-train operation is considered an asset;
– Solid knowledge base with respect to Hours of Service, load securement and driving regulations;
– Strong work ethic and ability to work long days and evenings as well as weekends;
– Excellent communication skills.
This is a temporary position that may lead to permanent employment opportunities as our business needs change.
Qualified applicants, who have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, should submit their resume to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.