Envirosystems is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America, delivering “LOCAL EXPERTISE, COAST TO COAST“; delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines.
At Envirosystems, our goal is to create enduring partnerships with our customers. More than just a service provider, we are invested in our customers’ long-term success. Across North America, leading businesses trust our companies to deliver.
Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment.
An unrelenting commitment to health and safety is the number one priority of every Envirosystems company. A core value that is central to everything we do.
Our Waste Services Division is currently looking for a Contract Field Services Labourer for our Victoria, BC location. The Field Services Labourer is primarily responsible for the day-to-day duties needed to complete work in a safe and timely fashion while maintaining a clean and organized work site environment.
This is a temporary full-time position from May 1 – September 30, 2018.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Comply with all safe work practices and policies to ensure all work is done as safely as possible;
– Participate in safety meetings and submit JSA’s, Tool Box Talks, FLHA’s and Voice Cards;
– Load and unload pallets of waste on to and off of five tonne trucks and curtain side trailers;
– Secure loads for safe transport using various types of tie down straps and load securement gear;
– Operate a forklift, power pallet jack, and company pickup trucks;
– Ensure the safe operation and maintenance of equipment;
– Assist in the completion of documentation to support waste retrieval pick-ups;
– Create and maintain clean and organized job sites and facilities.
Minimum qualifications include:
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
– Experience operating a fork lift and power pallet jack (training will be provided);
– Capable of working in difficult weather conditions and challenging work site environments;
– Equipped to perform physical tasks, including lifting, shoveling, and moving containers or other heavy materials;
– Willing to work flexible shifts, long hours, evenings and weekends;
– Fit for work each day;
– Must be able to pass federal security clearance.
Interpersonal skills include:
– Able to communicate effectively and express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner;
– Good listening skills along with an ability to accept and follow direction;
– Skillful at maintaining a positive attitude in all aspects of work;
– Proficient at working well independently and in a team environment;
– Capable of multi-tasking, assessing situations, and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
Qualified applicants, who have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, should submit their resume to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada. Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.