Envirosystems is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America, delivering “LOCAL EXPERTISE, COAST TO COAST“; delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines.
At Envirosystems, our goal is to create enduring partnerships with our customers. More than just a service provider, we are invested in our customers’ long-term success. Across North America, leading businesses trust our companies to deliver.
Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment.
An unrelenting commitment to health and safety is the number one priority of every Envirosystems company. A core value that is central to everything we do.
Our Waste Services Division is currently looking for a Field Services Technician for our Victoria, BC location. The Field Services Technician is primarily responsible for providing technical assistance and on-site hazardous waste management services to clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Comply with all safe work practices and policies to ensure all work is done as safely as possible;
– Complete and submit daily JSA’s, Tailgates, FLHA’s and Hazard ID’s;
– Sample/test waste to determine classification and packaging requirements;
– Ensure waste is transported and disposed of in accordance with all applicable legislation;
– Complete appropriate manifest/paperwork to support waste retrieval pick-ups;
– Evaluate and identify customer needs;
– Provide general labouring skills, as required;
– Conduct field work at remote sites, on an as needed basis.
Minimum qualifications include:
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and the ability to drive a five tonne truck;
– Knowledge of chemistry and the safe handling of hazardous chemicals (training will be provided);
– Basic understanding of environmental regulations (training will be provided);
– Fit for work each day, which includes being clean shaven;
– Must be capable of working in difficult weather conditions and challenging work site environments;
– Equipped to performing physical tasks, including lifting, shoveling, and moving containers or other heavy materials;
– Must be willing to work flexible shifts, long hours, and weekends;
– Must be able to pass federal security clearance.
Interpersonal skills include:
– Able to communicate effectively and express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner;
– Good listening skills along with an ability to accept and follow direction;
– Skillful at maintaining a positive attitude in all aspects of work;
– Proficient at working well independently and in a team environment;
– Capable of multi-tasking, assessing situations, and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
As a full time, permanent employee you would be eligible for the Company’s pension plan and competitive, comprehensive group benefit package including an Employee Assistance Program.
Qualified applicants, who have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, should submit their resume to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.