Envirosystems is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America, delivering “LOCAL EXPERTISE, COAST TO COAST”; delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines.
At Envirosystems, our goal is to create enduring partnerships with our customers. More than just a service provider, we are invested in our customers’ long-term success. Across North America, leading businesses trust our companies to deliver.
Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment.
An unrelenting commitment to health and safety is the number one priority of every Envirosystems company. A core value that is central to everything we do.
The Field Supervisor is responsible for being the lead on various on-site Industrial Services projects. This position requires supervising Industrial Operators and Labourers on various projects as well as operating various equipment; such as Vacuum and High Pressure equipment. This position reports to the Division Supervisor and they will work together to ensure all projects are done safely and on schedule.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Comply with all safe work practices and policies;
– Logistical support and planning of personnel, equipment and materials required for each project;
– Supervise and execute the set-up and installation of the equipment required for each project;
– Provide guidance and support to Operators and Labourers;
– Complete post-job reports as required following each project;
– Ability to work in various work environments; confined spaces and heights;
– Supervise small teams and participate in our on-call system when needed;
– Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
Minimum qualifications include:
– 3+ years’ experience in a labour intensive position working in various work environments, ideally in the pulp and/or paper, natural gas, and/or oil & gas industries;
– 5+ years’ experience within industrial cleaning industry, specifically in turnarounds and shutdowns;
– 5+ years’ experience in a managerial capacity, ideally within a union environment;
– Ability to build and maintain working relationships through a constantly changing environment;
– Strong and effective communication skills and the ability to build lasting customer relationships;
– Required Training; WHMIS, H2S Alive, Confined Space, Fall Protection, TDG, Logbooks;
– Use of required personal protective equipment
– Exposure to hazards associated with the industry
– Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
– Able to work in confined spaces
– Able to work in extreme weather conditions
– Comfortable working at various heights
– Regular travel within a 2-3 hour radius of Nanaimo, BC
As a full time, permanent employee you would be eligible for the Company’s pension plan and competitive, comprehensive group benefit package including an Employee Assistance Program.
Qualified applicants, who have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
CLOSING DATE: August 25, 2017
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.