Envirosystems is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America. Delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines. Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment.
Envirosystems is looking for a full-time, permanent Power Engineer to be based out of our facility in Debert, NS. The Company offers full operational and safety training.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
– Monitor and inspect equipment, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, to detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions and to ensure plant equipment is operating normally;
– Operate and maintain the Boiler and Refined Oil processes;
– Operate and maintain the waste water treatment and other plant waste treatment operations;
– Record and maintain records as required;
– Meet the service demands and perform preventive maintenance on the equipment;
– Assist with maintenance planning and repair of equipment;
– Ensure that the equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner according to written or verbal procedures;
– Troubleshoot and perform corrective action and minor repairs to prevent equipment or systems failure;
– Clean and lubricate generators, turbines, pumps, compressors and perform other routine maintenance work using lubricants and hand tools, electrical and precision;
– Provide isolation, lockouts, clearances and safe work permits on equipment;
– Operate in accordance with all applicable procedures, policies and regulations;
– Maintain good housekeeping practices of all work areas, tools and equipment, adhering to provincial and federal regulations in order to provide a safe and efficient working environment;
– Immediately report any safety concerns and/or infractions;
– Assist with other facility tasks as required.
– This position requires a 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and minimum of 1 year of work experience in a heavy industrial environment;
– A minimum of a Class 5 driver’s license;
– A proven ability to capably operate and maintain the Boiler and Refined Oil processes;
– A proven ability to capably operate and maintain the waste water treatment and other plant waste treatment operations;
– The ideal candidate is independent, resourceful and attentive;
– Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
– Strong attention to detail and time management skills;
– Ability to work shift work and within environmental conditions that may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy;
– Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
– Embraces a Safety culture: safety is our highest priority, and safety procedures and guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes wearing personal protective equipment.
This position is covered under a Collective Agreement under a Process Operator 3 classification. As a full time, permanent employee you would be eligible for the Company’s pension plan and competitive, comprehensive group benefit package including an Employee Assistance Program.
Qualified applicants, who have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.