Niagara Falls, ON
Envirosystems is one of the most innovative industrial service providers in North America. Delivering new technology and methods that transform industrial processes, we excel at expediting turnaround and shutdown needs during critical path outages to meet key timelines. Our experienced workforce utilizes hundreds of pieces of advanced equipment, including vacuum units, high pressure units, exchanger cleaning equipment, modern robotic equipment, and specialized industrial equipment. Many of our projects are throughout Canada. The following position is based out of Eastern Canada but may require travel to other parts of Canada and may involve rotational work schedules. The ideal candidates should have some experience in working on industrial sites.
Envirosystems is looking for a full-time, permanent Sewer Flusher / Vacuum Operator to be based out of Niagara Falls, ON. The Company offers full operational and safety training.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
– Vacuum load and unload both hazardous, non-hazardous, and sewage waste from customer sites and deliver to various disposal sites;
– Assist in setup of hoses and equipment for daily operation;
– Perform daily maintenance and pre-trip inspections;
– Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, participate in preventative maintenance and note any defects for prompt repair;
– Maintain drivers log book, prepare daily collections reports and complete required shipping documents and other paperwork as required;
– Ensure that the material that is picked up is properly manifested and placarded;
– Be fully committed to company safety program and maintain accurate hours of service records;
– Completing all necessary paperwork necessary for each job;
– Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
– Ontario AZ or DZ driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement and and clean drivers abstract;
– Experience hauling hazardous material and recent Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG Reg. 347) is preferred;
– Experience in Sewer Flushing and/or CCTV a benefit;
– Preferred 3 years driving experience;
– Class AZ driver’s license would be considered an asset;
– Experience operating a vacuum truck would be considered an asset;
– Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs;
– Ability to travel locally;
– Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
– Strong and effective communication skills both verbally and written;
– Excellent customer service skills;
– Strong organizational skills and ability to plan tasks;
– Ability to work in effectively with others and under minimal supervision;
– Ability to prioritize tasks to consistently meet deadlines;
– Ability to problem solve minor mechanical issues as they arise.
Successful candidate will be a full-time, permanent employee who would be eligible for the Company’s pension plan and competitive, comprehensive group health benefit package including an Employee Assistance Program. Qualified applicants, who have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Envirosystems Incorporated is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Envirosystems is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Accommodations during the recruitment process will be provided upon request.
We thank all those who apply however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada, be willing to travel for work assignments or work extended hours on occasion, be bondable for legal entry into the US, and be physically fit without aversions to confined spaces or heights.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this position.