Health & Safety
At Envirosystems, we are relentlessly committed to health & safety.
Core values at Envirosystems, health & safety are central to everything we do – starting with pre-job planning and continuing through to job execution and debriefing. As an organization, we feel it’s our obligation to provide our customers and employees with the most advanced equipment, technology, training, and systems available to ensure that no project has more value than the well-being of a single individual.
An internal responsibility system permeates all levels of our organization and is deeply instilled in our organization’s health and safety culture. Each new company that has joined the Envirosystems family has brought with it processes and practices that have allowed us to develop some of the most comprehensive and dynamic policies in the industry.
We track and measure the safety performance of our company against industry best practices and strict corporate requirements and always strive for continuous improvement. The key elements of our health and safety management system include:
- Management Involvement & Commitment;
- Operational and Safety Training;
- Safe Work Practices;
- Hazard Identification and Corrective Actions;
- Risk Management;
- Safety Meetings and Communications;
- Employee Involvement and Recognition;
- Health and Safety Audits
Certificates of Recognition (COR)
Envirosystems health and safety management system is audited annually by internal and external auditors to ensure our programs are compliant with corporate and regulatory requirements. Envirosystems maintains separate certificates of recognition in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia.
Key Safety Milestones
Safety is always our number one priority. We strive for excellence through continuous improvement initiatives across all divisions. Recent company safety milestones include:
- As an organization across North America, Envirosystems employees have now worked over 4,000,000 hours with zero lost time injuries
- In 2016, Envirosystems Total Recordable Injury Frequency (TRIF) was 0.86
- In 2016, Envirosystems Lost Time Injury Frequency (LTIF) was 0.00
- Over 1,300 Jobsite Inspections completed May 2017 YTD
- Over 130 Facility Inspections completed May 2017 YTD
- Over 230 Employee Safety Meetings held May 2017 YTD
Envirosystems Safety Hotline